[Python-Dev] What's required to keep OS/2 support in Python 3.3

Paul Smedley paul at smedley.id.au
Fri Jan 6 09:52:38 CET 2012

Hi All,

I'm a little slow in responding to
http://blog.python.org/2011/05/python-33-to-drop-support-for-os2.html,
but I'm interested in stepping up to help maintain OS/2 support in
Python 3.3 and above.

I've been building Python 2.x for a while, and currently have binaries
of 2.6.5 available from http://os2ports.smedley.info

Unlike Andrew Mcintyre, I'm using libc for development
(http://svn.netlabs.org/libc) rather than emx.  libc is still being
developed whereas emx hasn't been updated in about 10 years.

I haven't attempted a build of 3.x yet, but will grab the latest 3.x
release and see what it takes to get it building here.  I expect I'll
hit the same problem with sysconfig.get_config_var("CONFIG_ARGS"): as
with 2.7.2 but we'll wait and see.

Cheers,

Paul