[Python-Dev] Code reviews

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Mon Jan 2 15:41:44 CET 2012

On Mon, 2 Jan 2012 14:44:49 +1000

> He keeps leaving them out, I occasionally tell him they should always
> be included (most recently this came up when we gave conflicting
> advice to a patch contributor).

Oh, by the way, this is also why I avoid arguing too much about style
in code reviews. There are two bad things which can happen:

- your advice conflicts with advice given by another reviewer (perhaps
  on another issue)
- the contributor feels drowned under tiresome requests for style
  fixes ("please indent continuation lines this way")

Both are potentially demotivating. A contributor can have his/her own
style if it doesn't adversely affect code quality.

Regards

Antoine.