[Python-Dev] Spreading the Python 3 religion (was Re: PEP 414 - Unicode Literals for Python 3)

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 28 18:51:24 CET 2012

Brett Cannon <brett <at> python.org> writes:

> Changes to http://docs.python.org/howto/pyporting.html are welcome. I tried to
> make sure it exposed all possibilities with tips on how to support as far back
> as Python 2.5.

Right, will take a look. FYI a Google search for "python 3 porting guide" shows
the Wiki PortingToPy3K page, then Brian Curtin's Python 3 Porting Guide, then
Lennart Regebro's porting book website, and then the howto referred to above.
Possibly the Wiki page and Brian's guide need to link to the howto, as I presume
that's the canonical go-to guide - they don't seem to do so currently.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip