[Python-Dev] Marking packaging-related PEPs as Finished after fixing some bugs in them

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Feb 27 21:32:29 CET 2012

On 2/27/2012 6:50 AM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:

> 'rc' makes sense to most people while 'c' is generally unheard of.

'rc' following 'a' and 'b' only makes sense to people who are used to it
and know what it means. 'c' for 'candidate' makes more sense to me both
a decade ago and now. 'rc' is inconsistent. Why not 'ra' for 'release
alpha' or 'ar' for 'alpha release'? In other words, all releases are
releases, so why not be consistent and either always or never include
'r'? (Never would be better since always is redundant.)

I suspect many non-developer users find 'rc' as surprising as I did.

--
Terry Jan Reedy