[Python-Dev] PEP 414

Armin Ronacher armin.ronacher at active-4.com
Sun Feb 26 13:46:53 CET 2012

Hi,

On 2/26/12 12:42 PM, Vinay Sajip wrote:
> When this came up earlier (when I think Chris McDonough raised it) the issue of
> what to do on 3.2 came up, and though it has been addressed somewhat in the PEP,
> it would be nice to see the suggested on-installation hook fleshed out a little
> more.
I wanted to do that but the tokenizer module is quite ugly to customize
in order to allow "u" prefixes to strings which is why I postponed that.
 It would work similar to how 2to3 is invoked however.

In case this PEP gets approved I will refactor the tokenize module while
adding support for "u" prefixes and use that as the basis for a
installation hook for older Python 3 versions.

Regards,
Armin