[Python-Dev] Status of PEP 397 - Python launcher for Windows

Mark Hammond skippy.hammond at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 06:24:15 CET 2012

I'm wondering what thoughts are on PEP 397, the Python launcher for
Windows.  I've been using the implementation for a number of months now
and I find it incredibly useful.

To my mind, the specific steps would be:

* Have someone pronounce it as accepted (or suggest steps to be taken
before such a pronouncement).  I can't recall the current process - does
Guido have to pronounce personally or formally delegate to a czar?

* Move the source into the Python tree and update the build process.

* Arrange for it to be installed with the next release of 3.2 and all
future versions - I'm happy to try and help with that, but will probably
need some help from Martin.

* Write some user-oriented docs.

Thoughts or comments?

Mark