[Python-Dev] Fwd: maintenance of the ElementTree / cElementTree packages in the Python standard library

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 15:35:59 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 9:26 PM, Eli Bendersky <eliben at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

I've updated PEP 360 accordingly (including a link back to the
archived version of Fredrik's reply).

Since ElementTree was the last Python module referenced from that PEP
that hadn't been converted to python-dev maintenance, I flagged the
PEP so it now appears in the Historical PEPs section rather than near
the top of the PEP index. Technically the reference from there to the
Expat XML parser being externally maintained is still valid, but the
same could be said of various 3rd party libraries we ship with the
Windows binaries.

I also updated the headers on several old PEPs (mostly ones related
specifically to the 3.0 process and the migration to Hg) to move them
down into the Historical section, and fixed the PEP 0 generator so
that Draft process PEPs (i.e. the PEP 407 proposal to change the
release schedule) appear in the Open PEPs section along with all the
other Draft PEPs.

(At time of writing, the PEP pages hadn't regenerated to show the
updated status of any of the PEPs I moved around, but I figure it will
sort itself out eventually)

Cheers,
Nick.