[Python-Dev] More compact dictionaries with faster iteration

Christian Heimes christian at python.org
Mon Dec 10 17:39:04 CET 2012

Am 10.12.2012 16:28, schrieb Barry Warsaw:
> I'd be interested to see what effect this has on memory constrained platforms
> such as many current ARM applications (mostly likely 32bit for now).  Python's
> memory consumption is an overheard complaint for folks developing for those
> platforms.

I had ARM platforms in mind, too. Unfortunately we don't have any ARM
platforms for testing and performance measurement. Even Trent's
Snakebite doesn't have ARM boxes. I've a first generation Raspberry Pi,
that's all.

Perhaps somebody (PSF ?) is willing to donate a couple of ARM boards to
Snakebite. I'm thinking of Raspberry Pi (ARMv6), Pandaboard (ARMv7
Cortex-A9) and similar.

Christian