[Python-Dev] OS X buildbots missing

David Bolen db3l.net at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 00:06:36 CEST 2012

Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> writes:

> Well, the reason it can't qualify for the stable list right now is that
> there's a recurrent test_logging failure on it:
> http://bugs.python.org/issue14644

Yeah, I don't know that I'm necessarily suggesting it be in the stable
set as just mentioning that there is at least an OS X buildbot
available, if only to reference pending another coming on-line.

In the past I think it was tough to keep Tiger green.  Though several
people put a decent amount of effort into cleaning things up and I
believe it's been pretty good for a while now, the current 3.x issue
notwithstanding (and which is probably at least in part a chicken and
egg problem in terms of awareness).  The other branches look good, at
least for the limited history on the web interface, and it looks like
the 3.x change worked.

I know I still build some of my OS X applications under Tiger (since
it's easier to support later OS X versions from an earlier build than
vice versa), but I don't know if Python necessarily wants to require
that for releases, ala stable.

-- David