[Python-Dev] cpython: Issue #11750: The Windows API functions scattered in the _subprocess and

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Thu Apr 19 18:55:45 CEST 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 9:02 AM, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe
<tshepang at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 17:51, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
>> and I'm not sure we'd like to
>> accept code from convicted fellons (though I'd consider that a gray
>> area).
>
> This makes me curious... why would that be a problem at all (assuming
> the felony is not related to the computing field)?

Because the person might not be trustworthy, period. Or it might
reflect badly upon Python's reputation. But yes, I could also see
cases where we'd chose to trust the person anyway. This is why I said
it's a gray area -- it can only be determined on a case-by-case basis.
The most likely case might actually be someone like Aaron Swartz.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)