[Python-Dev] an alternative to embedding policy in PEP 418 (was: PEP 418: Add monotonic clock)

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Fri Apr 6 00:08:25 CEST 2012

On 06Apr2012 00:15, Oleg Broytman <phd at phdru.name> wrote:
|    So we can argue in circles both ways, there are too many arguments
| pro and contra. Python is just too inconsistent to be consistently
| argued over. ;-)

Bah! I think these threads demonstrate that we can consistently argue
over Python for weeks per topic, sometimes months and years.
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Sam Jones <samjones at leo.unm.edu> on the Nine Types of User:

Frying Pan/Fire Tactician - "It didn't work with the data set we had, so I
                             fed in my aunt's recipe for key lime pie."
Advantages:     Will usually fix error.
Disadvantages:  'Fix' is defined VERY loosely here.
Symptoms:       A tendancy to delete lines that get errors instead of fixing
                them.
Real Case:      One user complained that their program executed, but didn't
                do anything.  The scon looked at it for twenty minutes before
                realizing that they'd commented out EVERY LINE.  The user
                said, "Well, that was the only way I could get it to compile."