[Python-Dev] cpython: Issue #3033: Add displayof parameter to tkinter font.

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Thu Apr 5 16:06:58 CEST 2012

(reformatted to remove topposting)

On Thu, 05 Apr 2012 14:52:56 +0300, Andrew Svetlov <andrew.svetlov at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
> > On Thu, 05 Apr 2012 11:41:48 +0200
> > andrew.svetlov <python-checkins at python.org> wrote:
> >> http://hg.python.org/cpython/rev/774c2afa6665
> >> changeset:   76115:774c2afa6665
> >> user:        Andrew Svetlov <andrew.svetlov at gmail.com>
> >> date:        Thu Apr 05 12:41:20 2012 +0300
> >> summary:
> >>   Issue #3033: Add displayof parameter to tkinter font.
> >> Patch by Guilherme Polo.
> >
> > Aren't there any docs?
>
> Maybe you will be surprised, but tkinter.rst has no comprehensive docs
> for any tkinter class.
> I like to get it fixed but definitely cannot do it myself. My very
> poor English is the main objection for writing narrative
> documentation.

One way to approach this problem would be to draft some rough docs that
try to capture the functionality without worrying about English content
or style.  Then you could post the rough draft somewhere, and ask for
someone from the docs mailing list to edit it.  My thought would be that
whoever took on the task would then do a rewrite, asking you questions
to fill in any details that aren't clear from the rough draft.

Thank, you, by the way, for all the work you are doing.

--David