[Python-Dev] an alternative to embedding policy in PEP 418

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Thu Apr 5 01:14:55 CEST 2012

On 05Apr2012 08:50, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:
| Although I don't like the get_clock() API, I don't think this argument against
| it is a good one.

Just to divert briefly; you said in another post you didn't like the API
and (also/because?) it didn't help discoverability.

My core objective was to allow users to query for clocks, and ideally
enumerate and inspect all clocks. Without the caller having platform
specific knowledge.

Allowing for the sake of discussion that this is desirable, what would
you propose as an API instead of get_clock() (and its friend, get_clocks()
for enumeration, that I should stuff into the code).

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Q: How many user support people does it take to change a light bulb?
A: We have an exact copy of the light bulb here and it seems to be
   working fine.  Can you tell me what kind of system you have?