[Python-Dev] an alternative to embedding policy in PEP 418 (was: PEP 418: Add monotonic clock)

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Mon Apr 2 23:51:57 CEST 2012

On 03Apr2012 07:38, I wrote:
| On 02Apr2012 13:37, Victor Stinner <victor.stinner at gmail.com> wrote:
| | Could you please update your code according to my remarks? I will try
| | to integrate it into the PEP. A PEP should list all alternatives!

New code here:
  https://bitbucket.org/cameron_simpson/css/src/91848af8663b/lib/python/cs/clockutils.py

Diff:
  https://bitbucket.org/cameron_simpson/css/changeset/91848af8663b

Changelog: updates based on suggestions from Victor Stinner: "flat" API
calls to get time directly, make now() a method instead of a property,
default flags for get_clock(), adjust hr_clock() to hires_clock(0 for
consistency.

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Q: How does a hacker fix a function which doesn't work for all of the elements in its domain?
A: He changes the domain.
- Rich Wareham <rjw57 at hermes.cam.ac.uk>