[Python-Dev] range objects in 3.x

Alexander Belopolsky alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 19:11:10 CEST 2011

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 1:03 PM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
..
> Um, I think you better read the thread. :-) I successfully argued that
> mimicking the behavior of range() for floats is a bad idea, and that
> we need to come up with a name for an API that takes start/stop/count
> arguments instead of start/stop/step.

The name "frange" does not necessarily imply that we have to mimic the
API completely.  As long as frange(10.0) and frange(1.0, 10.0) works
as expected while addressing floating point subtleties through
optional arguments and documentation, I don't see why it can't be
called frange() *and* support count.