[Python-Dev] Maintenance burden of str.swapcase

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Tue Sep 6 09:33:59 CEST 2011

Michael Foord <fuzzyman <at> voidspace.org.uk> writes:

> Earlier this year I was at a pypy sprint helping to work on Python 2.7
compatibility. The bytearray type has much of the string interface, including
swapcase… So there was effort to implement this method with the correct
semantics for pypy. Doubtless the same has been true for IronPython, and will
also be true for Jython.

While I haven't used swapcase() a single time, I doubt there is much difficult
in implementing pure ASCII semantics, is there?

Regards

Antoine.