[Python-Dev] Packaging and binary distributions

Éric Araujo merwok at netwok.org
Mon Oct 31 18:09:22 CET 2011

Hi,

> I'd like to reopen the discussions on how the new packaging module
> will handle/support binary distributions in Python 3.3. The previous
> thread (see http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2011-October/113956.html)
> included a lot of good information and discussion, but ultimately
> didn't reach any firm conclusions.

I’m sorry there was no reply from the core group of packaging
contributors.  I read the messages as they flew by and wanted to reply
on a lot of points, but didn’t get the time to do it.  I hope the list
subscribers won’t mind if I go through the threads in the coming days
and make many replies.

Cheers