[Python-Dev] memcmp performance

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Mon Oct 24 10:38:55 CEST 2011

-On [20111024 09:22], Stefan Behnel (stefan_ml at behnel.de) wrote:
>I agree. Given that the analysis shows that the libc memcmp() is
>particularly fast on many Linux systems, it should be up to the Python
>package maintainers for these systems to set that option externally through
>the optimisation CFLAGS.

In the same stretch, stuff like this needs to be documented. Package
maintainers cannot be expected to follow each and every mailinglist's posts
for nuggets of information like this. Been there, done that, it's impossible
to keep track.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
http://www.in-nomine.org/ | GPG: 2EAC625B
Only in sleep can one find salvation that resembles Death...