[Python-Dev] PEP397 no command line options to python?

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 21:16:49 CEST 2011

On 19 October 2011 13:17, Sam Partington <sam.partington at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok ok, I give up.  Apparently I am the only one who wants to be able
> to run different versions of python based on the shebang line AND add
> occasional arguments to the python command line.

I don't know if this is of use to anyone, but I attach a Powershell
module which does more or less what you're suggesting. It exports a
few functions, and an alias "pyx" (just to distinguish it from the
launcher, it could be renamed "py" if you prefer) which takes an -X.Y
version option similar to the launcher (and a -w option for selecting
the GUI version). All the remaining arguments are passed to Python.

You can also add your own aliases - "Add-Python dev ." is a good way
of adding a -dev flag to select the current development version you're
working on.

Hope it's useful to someone...

Paul.