[Python-Dev] PEP397 no command line options to python?

Sam Partington sam.partington at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 23:52:06 CEST 2011

On 17 October 2011 17:24, PJ Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
> What about -S (no site.py) and -E (no environment)?  These are needed for
> secure setuid scripts on *nix; I don't know how often they'd be used in
> practice on Windows.  (Basically, they let you isolate a script's effective
> sys.path; there may be some use case overlap with virtual envs.

At the moment py -S test.py would mean that test.py would not be
scanned for a shebang, and would be executed with the latest python.
The change that I am suggesting would mean that it would be scanned
for a shebang to select the python, and then that python would be
called with -S.

Do you think it would be necessary to have -S disable reading of the
.ini files (in the users application data dir and in \windows)?

Sam

PS Sorry, I initially replied off-list by accident.