[Python-Dev] Packaging and binary distributions for Python 3.3

Éric Araujo merwok at netwok.org
Thu Oct 13 18:44:18 CEST 2011

Le 13/10/2011 18:25, Éric Araujo a écrit :
>>    2c. There's a question over a GUI install followed by a pysetup
>> uninstall, which wouldn't remove the add/remove entry...
> I think we could require that a project installed with a clicky
> wininst_bdist has to be removed via the Add/Remove GUI.  (There is
> support for that in PEP 376: the INSTALLER file.)

In case this wasn’t very clear: PEP 376 defines that the name of the
installer be recorded in a file in the dist-info dir, and when another
installer tries to remove the distribution it will be blocked.  So if
INSTALLER contains “wininst”, then “pysetup remove” won’t work, so we
won’t get imperfect uninstalls.

Cheers