[Python-Dev] Test failures on Windows 7

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 11 10:14:05 CEST 2011

I just cloned and built CPython default on Windows 7 32-bit (in a VM). The build
was successful, but I get crashes when running the regression tests:

test test_capi failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Vinay\Projects\cpython\lib\test\test_capi.py", line 51, in test
_no_FatalError_infinite_loop
    b'Fatal Python error:'
AssertionError: b"Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread\n\r\n
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.\nP
lease contact the application's support team for more information." != b'Fatal P
ython error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread'

test test_faulthandler failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Vinay\Projects\cpython\lib\test\test_faulthandler.py", line 175
, in test_fatal_error
    'xyz')
  File "C:\Users\Vinay\Projects\cpython\lib\test\test_faulthandler.py", line 105
, in check_fatal_error
    self.assertRegex(output, regex)
AssertionError: Regex didn't match: '^Fatal Python error: xyz\n\nCurrent\\ threa
d\\ XXX:\n  File "<string>", line 2 in <module>$' not found in 'Fatal Python err
or: xyz\n\nCurrent thread XXX:\n  File "<string>", line 2 in <module>\n\nThis ap
plication has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.\nPlease c
ontact the application\'s support team for more information.'

It's been a few weeks since I built and tested on Windows 7, so I'm not sure
what to make of these. I notice that at least some of the Windows 7 buildbots
are green, so can someone advise whether there is any special configuring I need
to do? I've just built from the solution file (using Visual Studio 2008 SP1).

Regards,

Vinay Sajip