[Python-Dev] Status of the built-in virtualenv functionality in 3.3

PJ Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Oct 6 18:38:37 CEST 2011

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 12:02 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:

> Well, I have to be honest, I've *always* thought "nest" would be a good
> choice
> for a feature like this, but years ago (IIRC) PJE wanted to reserve that
> term
> for something else, which I'm not sure ever happened.

Actually, it was pretty much for this exact purpose -- i.e. it was the idea
of a virtual environment.  Ian just implemented it first, with some
different ideas about configuration and activation.  Since this is basically
the replacement for that, I don't have any objection to using the term here.
 (In my vision, "nest" was also the name of a package management tool for
creating such nests and manipulating their contents, though.)