[Python-Dev] Python compatibility issue with Windows Developer Preview

Ryan Wells (MP Tech Consulting LLC) v-rywel at microsoft.com
Tue Oct 4 20:24:04 CEST 2011

Hello,

I apologize for the confusion or if this is the wrong mailing listing, I wanted to get in contact with someone before I sent the bug information that I have.  We do not have a public bug tracking system that I can direct you to.  Based on preliminary testing, the following compatibility issue has been identified:

Reference #: 70652
Description of the Problem: The application Python Module Doc is automatically closed when Internet Explorer 10 is closed.
Steps to Reproduce:

1.       Install Windows Developer Preview

2.       Install Python 3.2.2

3.       Launch Module Doc.  Start Menu -> All Program -> Python -> Manual Docs

4.       Click on the button open browser

5.       It should open the site http://localhost:7464/ In Internet Explorer 10 and the contents should be displayed

6.       Should be able to view list of Modules, Scripts, DLLs, and Libraries etc.

7.       Close Internet Explorer

Expected Result: Internet Explorer 10 should only get closed and we should be able to work with the application Module Doc.
Actual Result: The application Module Doc is closed with Internet Explorer 10.

Developer Notes: There is likely a difference in return values between IE8 and IE9/10 when launched from the app.

Please let me know if you have an estimated timeframe to address this issue, and if our team can further assist in this process.

Regards,

Ryan Wells
Microsoft PC Ecosystem Engineering Team
v-rywel at microsoft.com