[Python-Dev] Python-Dev Digest, Vol 99, Issue 7

Peter Harris pete.alex.harris at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 16:23:18 CEST 2011

> Hello Python Developers,
>
> I am a Program Manager with the Ecosystem Engineering team at Microsoft.

We are tracking a issue with Python 3.2.2 on Windows Developer Preview when
> using Internet Explorer.
> [...]
> I'd like to connect directly with a developer on the project so that we can
> work closesly to resolve this issue.

You know, without any specifics given about the issue, this smells like
comment spam.
If it wasn't from such a reputable source, I'd almost think someone is just
contacting projects
at random with vague reports of "issues" relating to IE10 to pump up some
interest in the
new browser, whether those projects are anything to do with web browsing or
not.

Only kidding, they aren't that reputable ;)

I Googled the phrase "I am a Program Manager with the Ecosystem Engineering
team at Microsoft",
and it seems this scattershot approach is not new.