[Python-Dev] Is Python insider blog dead?

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 16:31:18 CET 2011

On 16 November 2011 13:23, Brian Curtin <brian at python.org> wrote:
> Not dead, there was just a period where I got a little too busy with real
> life, plus development seemed to slow down for a while. I have a few drafts
> working (like a post on all of the recent PEP activity) and a few more in my
> head, but I'd like for it to not be a one-man show :)
> I've been planning to do another push to get people from around here to
> write about their big commits, what's going on in the areas of code they
> work on, interesting bugs they've fixed, etc. Now that you mentioned this,
> I'll get going quicker and send out details in the next day or so.

I had planned to do an article on the new packaging features, but the
discussion hasn't really come to any conclusions yet, and to be honest
I don't think that everything has settled enough yet (particularly on
binary installers)[1]. Maybe I could do a short post saying something
along the lines of "packaging is coming in 3.3, it's available now in
the form of distutils2, please try it out, work out what you like and
what you have problems with, and come and contribute on
python-dev"...?

Paul.

[1] Also real life has left me with little or no spare time once more :-)