[Python-Dev] Extending os.chown() to accept user/group names

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at haypocalc.com
Wed May 25 19:17:41 CEST 2011

Le mercredi 25 mai 2011 à 18:46 +0200, Charles-François Natali a écrit :
> While we're at it, adding a "recursive" argument to this shutil.chown
> could also be useful.

I don't like the idea of a recursive flag. I would prefer a "map-like"
function to "apply" a function on all files of a directory. Something
like shutil.apply_recursive(shutil.chown)...

... maybe with options to choose between deep-first search and
breadth-first search, filter (filenames, file size, files only,
directories only, other attributes?), directory before files (may be
need for chmod(0o000)), etc.

Victor