[Python-Dev] The socket HOWTO

Senthil Kumaran orsenthil at gmail.com
Sat May 21 18:01:19 CEST 2011

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 05:37:05PM +0200, Georg Brandl wrote:

> > I would like to suggest that we remove the socket HOWTO (currently at
> > http://docs.python.org/dev/howto/sockets.html)
>
> +1, or a big rewrite.

I favor a rewrite over removal. I have read it once/twice and have
never revisited it (the probably the reason that it was not helpful
enough for a revisit), but still gives some important pointers.

One document cannot cover it all, there are many pointers (examples at
effbot.org, Python MoTW docs) all serve as good introduction to
sockets in python.

So a rewrite with good pointers would be more appropriate.

--
Senthil