[Python-Dev] looking for a contact at Google on the Blogger team

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri May 20 17:44:39 CEST 2011

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 1:35 AM, Eli Bendersky <eliben at gmail.com> wrote:
>> There is ongoing work for an RFP by the board to improve the
>> python.org publishing system/site to allow us to self-host these
>> things. Moving PSF properties off of it, and onto another "hosted by
>> someone else" site is probably not a good idea, but our hands may be
>> forced if google/blogger can not resolve the issues.
>>
>> jesse
>
> The whole idea of a Wordpress-(or similar)-based solution is self
> hosting, and less reliance on outside providers like blogger.
> Wordpress is just a bunch of PHP code you place in a directory on your
> server and you have a blog. You don't depend on anyone, except your
> own hosting.

As Jesse has said, there is an RFP in development to improve
python.org to the point where we can self-host blogs and the like and
deal with the associated user account administration appropriately.
But when it comes to collaborative blogs, it *isn't* just a matter of
dropping a blogging engine in and running with it.

Cheers,
Nick.