[Python-Dev] "packaging" merge imminent

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Tue May 17 18:42:59 CEST 2011

Am 17.05.2011 17:36, schrieb Tarek Ziadé:
> The next change I have planned is to allow several levels of
> configuration, like distutils.cfg does. sysconfig.py will look for a
> sysconfig.cfg file in these places:
>
> 1. the current working directory -- so can be potentially included in
> a project source release
> 2. the user home  (specific location be defined, maybe in ~/local)
> [inherits from the previous one]
> 3. the global

You may want to study my site package PEP [1] regarding possible
security implications. I recommend that you ignore the current working
directory and user's home directory under conditions like different
effective user or the -E option.

A good place for a local sysconfig.cfg could be the user's stdlib
directory (e.g. ~/.local/lib/python3.2/sysconfig.cfg).

Christian

[1] http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0370