[Python-Dev] Please revert autofolding of tracker edit form

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Thu Mar 31 15:59:19 CEST 2011

Le jeudi 31 mars 2011 à 23:48 +1000, Nick Coghlan a écrit :
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 10:16 PM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
> > It would be nice if someone with UI design experience was interested in
> > maintaining/improving the tracker.
>
> The challenge is the same as with any UI designer involvement in open
> source stuff though: they really need to be given the freedom to do
> proper workflow analysis and come up with something that *works*, but
> in practice things tend to get derailed into endless bikeshed
> arguments, since *everyone* has an opinion on the UI design of the
> tools they have to use.

Well, obviously they have, since they are users and are directly
impacted by any changes.
The line this draws is between clean-sheet design and iterative
improvement. Clearly it would be difficult to try to sell us a wholesale
change in how the issue tracker organizes things.

(AFAIK, Roundup itself comes from a platonic, clean-sheet design of an
ideal bug tracker: we had to customize it a lot)

Regards

Antoine.