[Python-Dev] Test "Force Build" on custom buildbots

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at haypocalc.com
Wed Mar 30 17:59:02 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm testing my faulthandler repository on the custom buildbots, here are
some remarks and issues.

The form still refers to SVN ('Branch to build' is relative to
http://svn.python.org/projects/python.) => the branch is relative to
hg.python.org/

I cannot write "#" in the branch field to specify... the branch (only
the repository). If the branch contains "#", the request looks to be
ignored (without any warning/error). I merged my faulthandler branch
into the default branch (in my features/faulthandler branch).

I don't understand the meaning of the "project" field. It is maybe
something specific to Subversion?

What are the 3 optional properties?

If branch doesn't end with a slash (e.g. "features/faulthandler"), the
request is ignored (without any warning/error).

I canceled a build on a Windows buildbot during the "tests" step using
the [Cancel] button, but it failed to kill the process:

http://www.python.org/dev/buildbot/all/builders/x86%20Windows7%
20custom/builds/2/steps/test/logs/stdio
-----------
command interrupted, killing pid 2168
SIGKILL failed to kill process
using fake rc=-1
program finished with exit code -1

To test my faulthandler feature branch, the correct parameters are:
--
Name: haypo
Reason: test faulthandler

The repository looks like a duplicate of the branch field. I would be
better to use "default" as the branch and "features/faulthandler" as the
repository.

I would be nice to have error messages.

Victor