[Python-Dev] Submitting changes through Mercurial

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Wed Mar 23 11:53:32 CET 2011

    Nick> Now, consider my own current hg setup ...

This is the first soup-to-nuts description of an individual setup I've seen.
Is it documented somewhere?  If not, could you maybe add it as a complete
example to the developer's guide?  I have the local setup similar to what
you describe, but haven't made the mental leap to a public sandbox.

One other question.  You wrote:

    Nick> My public sandbox is a server-side clone of cpython that lives at
    Nick> hg.python.org/sandbox/ncoghlan I create feature branches there to
    Nick> work on things that I am developing myself (when applying patches
    Nick> created by others I'll work in the main repos)

What do you mean by "main repos" in this statement?  Is "repos" singular and
short for "repository" or is it the plural of "repo"?  Neither quite makes
sense to me because I guess I don't know what you mean by "main".  What
is/are the "main repos"?  hg.python.org/sandbox/ncoghlan?
hg.python.org/cpython?

Skip