[Python-Dev] Hg: inter-branch workflow

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Mar 21 23:16:35 CET 2011

> One of the key elements here is the way we use python-checkins for
> after-the-fact review.

I think this can be achieved with a better email hook. I would propose
that there will be one email message per push per branch (rather than
one per changeset). For each branch, it should report what changesets
contributed, and what the final diff between the old head of the branch
and the new head of the branch is.

Or perhaps put the diffs into attachments, one per branch.

Or perhaps suppress the diffs for the branches if the only changesets
on the branches are merges.

In the rare case that a single push includes unrelated changes, people
can still look at the individual changesets in the repo to figure it all
out.

Regards,
Martin