[Python-Dev] New contributors at the PyCon sprint

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Mar 16 21:14:46 CET 2011

On 3/16/2011 12:10 PM, Brian Curtin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As I'm sure you're all aware, the PyCon sprints are going on right now
> and will run for two more days. As a result, you may have noticed an

Yes. Emphasizing improved test coverage was a great idea. It is
relatively easy and definitely needed, as shown by regressions due to
lack thereof. So there is no argument about whether a good patch should
go in.

> increased number of patches over the last few days -- many of these were
> from first-time contributors. The turnout for the CPython sprint has
> been huge and I wanted to introduce and thank a number of people for
> coming out.
>
> Scott Wilson
> Denver Coneybeare
> Jeff Ramnani
> Alicia Arlen
> Michael Henry
> Natalia Bidart
> Matias Bordese
> Robbie Clemons
> Evan Dandrea
> Jonathan Hartley
> Piotr Kaspyrzyk
> Brandon Craig Rhodes

Please let them know if they do not read pydev that we are not a closed
club and that push rights are a reasonable aspiration within a year
after 20 patch submissions or so (and not necessary all accepted).

--
Terry Jan Reedy