[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] (2.6): Issue #11424: Fix bug in determining child loggers.

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 10 23:41:20 CET 2011

----- Original Message ----

> From: Éric Araujo <merwok at netwok.org>
> > From what I understand, we're supposed to forward-port in  Mercurial,
> Correct, but only in maintained branches, not security-mode  branches.

Well, I saw this recent mail from Antoine:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2011-March/108766.html

where he mentioned

- on one hand: 2.5 -> 2.6 -> 2.7 (if you still want to maintain 2.5)
- on the other hand: 3.1 -> 3.2 -> default

and perhaps misunderstood. I was assuming that there wouldn't be any 2.6
releases from Mercurial, perhaps that assumption was unwarranted.

Also, the section on forward-porting in the Dev Guide says "it should be applied
to the oldest branch applicable" and this could be interpreted to mean
applicable based on the content of the branch, rather than according to release
policy.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip