[Python-Dev] GPL'd python code vs Python2.6 linked against OpenSSL

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Mar 10 05:08:00 CET 2011

Am 09.03.11 18:20, schrieb James Y Knight:
> [1] Python (from 2.6) is *always* linked against openssl

Others have already pointed that out, but let me stress it again:
this statement is false. It is as possible and easy to build Python
without OpenSSL as it always was.

 > instead of waiting for you to "import ssl".

In addition, that is also false. Even if OpenSSL is used, it is easy
to build Python so that OpenSSL is only loaded when needed.

Regards,
Martin