[Python-Dev] public visibility of python-dev decisions "before it's too late" (was: PyCObject_AsVoidPtr removed from python 3.2 - is this documented?)

Tim Lesher tlesher at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 15:50:50 CET 2011

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 01:15, Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de> wrote:
> Actually, why not put up a web page of "upcoming changes" somewhere, that
> lists major decisions with user impact that were taken on python-dev?
> Including a link to the relevant discussion and decision. Often enough,
> decisions are taken inside of huge mailing list threads that get off-topic
> before someone has "the right idea" and everyone who's still there to listen
> agrees. Even for people lurking around on python-dev, it's easy enough to
> miss these moments.

We used to do biweekly-ish Python-Dev summaries for this reason.

The original links at python.org appear to be down, but I found an
example mirrored at
ftp://ftp.ntua.gr/mirror/python/dev/summary/2005-02-01_2005-02-14.html

Would resuming these and putting them back on python.org address the issue?

It's been on my back burner for about two years now, but I want to
make sure I can keep up before diving in again.

--
Tim Lesher <tlesher at gmail.com>