[Python-Dev] Please sync your feature branches

Stefan Krah stefan-usenet at bytereef.org
Sun Mar 6 12:56:58 CET 2011

Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
> > Is that really going to work? I.e. will Mercurial be able to merge from
> > default to one of the feature branches? If so, what will be the
> > procedure? What would be the exact steps to try this out on the PEP 382
> > branch (say)?
>
> I've sketched out the steps in
> http://potrou.net/hgdevguide/committing.html#long-term-development-of-features

First, thanks everyone for converting the active feature branches! - I've
a couple of questions:

1) The default branch in the repository features/py3k-cdecimal contains all
cdecimal changesets. I assume that the recommendation from the devguide to
create a new named branch inside the new repository does not apply here, so
I'll use 'default' for future cdecimal changes. Is this correct?

2) 3.2, 3.1 and legacy-trunk show up as 'inactive' on the command line, but
not in the web interface. Should these be closed to avoid confusion?

Stefan Krah