[Python-Dev] CPython hg transition complete

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Mar 5 23:42:50 CET 2011

Am 05.03.2011 23:33, schrieb Antoine Pitrou:
> Le dimanche 06 mars 2011 à 09:27 +1100, Neil Hodgson a écrit :
>> Antoine Pitrou:
>>
>>> It mimicks their settings in the SVN repository, so it should be ok.
>>
>>    It doesn't match how they are checked out by svn since they have
>> the property svn:eol-style set to 'native'. Therefore these files are
>> checked out by svn with Windows \r\n line ends.
>
> Some of these files (MSVC project files) had that property, but some
> hadn't. I had to make them all consistent so that the .hgeol file work
> fine.

Actually, the status that they had was deliberate. The vcproj files can
be in "native" EOL mode, and should have CRLF when checked out on
Windows. The solution file must have CRLF always.

The vcproj files where not in binary mode in subversion since that
wouldn't allow for easy textual diffs.

Regards,
Martin