[Python-Dev] devinabox: Add a Python script which will run the test suite in the most rigorous way

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Tue Mar 1 23:49:42 CET 2011

    Antoine> We already have "make test" and "make buildbottest" in addition
    Antoine> to "./python -m test". I think another subtly different way of
    Antoine> running the tests would be a nuisance.

I see nothing wrong with "make rigoroustest" or "make brutaltest".  I
routinely use "make test" but never remember the necessary incantations for
enabling everything that regrtest can do (random test order, leak tests,
skip nothing, etc).  Having that encoded in a make target would at least
mean all I need to do is

  egrep 'test *:' Makefile

to see what my choices were.

Skip