[Python-Dev] PEP 397 (Python launcher for Windows) reference implementation

Mark Hammond skippy.hammond at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 06:23:13 CEST 2011

On 30/06/2011 3:00 AM, Vinay Sajip wrote:
> PEP 397 (Python launcher for Windows) has a reference implementation in Python.
> Does anyone know of a C implementation, or is planning/working on one? I realise
> this is the final objective, so such implementation might be premature, but
> perhaps someone has been experimenting ...

Not yet - my last update of the PEP has made the existing reference
implementation out-of-date, so I want to work on that before starting on
the C version.  However, seeing as my note about the most recent PEP
update attracted zero comments, I admit I lost any sense of urgency on
actually doing this...  I'll make an effort to update that reference
impl in the next week or so (but obviously anyone else is free to help ;)

Cheers,

Mark