[Python-Dev] Issue10403 - using 'attributes' instead of members in documentation

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Tue Jun 28 12:44:08 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 2:33 AM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> The two terms I've got out of this thread are "callable attributes"
> (instance/static/class methods, etc) and "data attributes" (everything
> else). Both seem reasonable to me, creating two largely disjoint sets
> that together cover all the different kinds of attribute you're likely
> to encounter.

But "callable attributes" aren't the same thing as methods; most are methods,
but not all.  Sometimes, they're data used by the object.  The fact that
data attributes can be callable is irrelevant.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.    <fdrake at acm.org>
"Give me the luxuries of life and I will willingly do without the necessities."