[Python-Dev] Issue10403 - using 'attributes' instead of members in documentation

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Jun 28 07:05:03 CEST 2011

Eric Snow <ericsnowcurrently at gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 8:11 PM, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> > "callable attributes" describes exactly what they are, in terms that
> > will remain useful to the person learning Python.
>
> The usage of the object determines what we call it then

No, the capability of the attribute is what determines that difference,
not how it's used.

I still don't have a good term for “non-callable attribute”, though.

--
 \         “I'm not a bad guy! I work hard, and I love my kids. So why |
  `\      should I spend half my Sunday hearing about how I'm going to |