[Python-Dev] packaging backport

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 13:42:05 CEST 2011

Hello

I am starting the backport of Packaging into a standalone version
named Distutils2 -- this is very important to speed up the development
of packaging itself since it'll give of more feedback from 2.x
projects

To do this I need to create a script that does a mass renaming of
'packaging' into 'distutils2', then I can start to play with 3to2 and
...3.xto3.x :) .

I tried to script rope but the py3k version seem not compatible with
our current AST -- and it's a bit overkill for this task I guess.

Before I start to write my own refactoring tool, I was wondering if
anyone here had some experience in this, and could give me some hints.

Thanks
Tarek
--
Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org