[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] cpython (2.7): allow "fake" filenames in findsource (closes #9284)

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 17:55:13 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 1:31 AM, Benjamin Peterson <benjamin at python.org> wrote:
> I should have made more clear in the message that this is actually a
> regression from 2.6.

Actually looking at the inspect docs, I'm not sure where such a note
would fit anyway. I'll think about it a bit more - I have a suspicion
there may be a flawed assumption in that inspect code and it should be
passing more queries through to linecache rather than trying to
second-guess it regarding what source code is available.

Cheers,
Nick.