[Python-Dev] the history of tests being inside Lib/ in Python

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Sat Jul 30 05:50:09 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 8:44 PM, Eli Bendersky <eliben at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 06:36, Benjamin Peterson <benjamin at python.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> 2011/7/29 Eli Bendersky <eliben at gmail.com>:
>> > The other thread had some claims (*) that made me wonder - why are the
>> > tests
>> > in Python kept in Lib/ at all?
>> >
>> > AFAIK, this is rather an unusual project structure.
>>
>> Not really. It seems to be about half/half to me.
>
> I guess I'm mis-informed then :) Out of curiosity, could you point to a few
> projects that also place tests inside their code?

You're asking too many questions. Please do some research of your own.
Really, this isn't going to change, and asking why it is so or stating
that it is rather unusual is just going to irritate the experienced
developers.

If you want a friendlier answer, please sign up for
core-mentorship at python.org, where asking questions about why or why
not are welcome.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)