[Python-Dev] 3.2.1 encoding surprise

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Thu Jul 21 14:00:10 CEST 2011

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 01:06:57 -0700, Glenn Linderman <v+python at g.nevcal.com> wrote:
> Interesting, David, that you feel it that Python usability on Windows
> should be limited to its usability on Unix, rather than to exceed it. I
> don't see that as a necessary or appropriate limit.  Windows and Unix

That wasn't how I intended my comment.  My point was that the goal of
the *PEP* is to make it "as usable" (and actually just in the specific
case of #! lines), and that if the additional feature is desirable
why not make it available on all platforms?  I can see how you read what
you did in what I wrote, though.

--
R. David Murray           http://www.bitdance.com