[Python-Dev] making socket.getaddrinfo use cached dns

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Sat Jul 16 17:46:16 CEST 2011

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 8:26 AM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
> I don't think moralist arguments should have a weight when deciding
> which features we add. If developers want to introduce bugs or
> limitations in their software they will always be able to do it.

Actually when designing language features or APIs, what you call
"moralist arguments" take place all the time. Personally I don't think
there's anything "moral" about wanting to design an API that reduces
common mistakes, and API design should always take expected behavior
of programmers into account. Experienced developers have a huge store
of information about that in their head.

Anyway, even before the word "moralist" was used this thread would
have been better on python-ideas.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)