[Python-Dev] Failed to install PIL on windows, may have something to do with python implementaton

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Thu Jul 14 03:35:10 CEST 2011

On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 09:02:01 +0800, smith jack <thinke365 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Will this work?  since this have something to do with the
> implementation of Python,   i come to this maillist and ask for
> help.....  Hope i can receive some suggestions, Thank you :)

Yes, but this list is about the *development* of Python.  For help on
topic like this, which are about using Python, you'll have better luck
getting an answer if you post to python-list.  There are also probably
a lot more people with experience using Python on windows on that list
than there are here.  Since we release Python as an MSI, we're not too
likely to know how to work with it on Windows if you don't install it
from the MSI.

--
R. David Murray           http://www.bitdance.com